February 11, 2008

Back at Work - spirit is willing; flesh is weak


4 days of CNY break has passed in a twinkling of an eye and I'm back at work... and... I can't even stay in the office the whole day...had to stand in to teach for my colleague who is on urgent leave... tiredz... the flu virus is making me feel weak... =p

Anyway, some updates on my CNY...

DAY ONE
Watched 'Kung-Fu Dunk' with Sab & Yuzhen... I think I quite like the show!! Super lame!! So had fun laughing my heart out... Sab & I went to chill at IndoChine after that...really nice place with live band singing...though Sab was quite sad they stopped for the day shortly after we arrived at around 1am...haha... took a pic with my drink Zombie... super tall loh the glass... I din bend down to take this pic... the glass reached my eye-level...

DAY TWO
Watched 'Ah Long Pte Ltd' with the leaders...so sad! Irene and I had to sit at the corner alone with strangers...not even with each other! Anyhow...we had a good time laughing as well... I just got a revelation about the ending when the teenage girl transformed from a bad-girl face to a good-girl face... --> her smile and her life was restored after she released her hatred and forgiveness....Cool hor!

Met up with the GANG after that... we had an intellectual time playing Taboo till about 4am... hahaa....we were super competitive...but had lotsa fun... then played Indian Poker... the one with the smallest card had to drink the concoction prepared by the rest...I can't believe it I kena 3 times in a row!! And just before that I kept saying rum tastes super nice...so you can guess how much they dote on me and let me enjoy the super nice drink...hahaha...



DAY THREE
My dearie CG went to Eileen's place... realised... the tradition of Uno needs to be passed down!! Some of them actually dunno how to play Uno... but nvm! There's alwiz a time to learn...;p Wasn't feeling that well so had a short day and went back to sleep all the way to Sunday...

DAY FOUR
My CNY draw to a close with a small gathering with the leaders at Nic & Connie's place... it's such a beautiful place with a hand painted wall by Nic himself! We had the usual steamboat and the legendary 'lao yusheng' (oh man! I actually typed 'lao yuzhen' initially...hahaha!!) when we proclaim our growth, future partners, promotions, everything...hahaha...
Once again..my INTELLECTUAL CNY can't do without an intellectual game of Pictionary! We had quite a bit of difficult time figuring out the game but had lotsa fun anyhow... with all the 'budding artists' among us...haha!

So that's my CNY!! :D

0 comments: