August 20, 2007

20 mins before work... - happie; excited

Early for work??? That's cos I had a long, long sleep last night...when I woke up this morning, I saw a shocking 14 missed calls on my phone!!! And the phone was nowhere further than beside my ear!! Man!! Can't believe it...and the SMSes...1 friend thot I went missing, another thot I was too angry with her to pick up her calls...actually she said I cut off her call twice..and I remember nothing abt it! Okie...fine....call me a.....sleeping beauty if you want...(haha! Joyce Meyer say we can't speak bad about ourselves!) But I think I should change my ringtone...I vaguely remember in my sleep that I heard the song "Awaken my Soul" playing in the background and I was wondering why it got cut off..."Awaken my Soul" is my ringtone....=p

Anyway, I just finished reading the book "Grinding It Out - The Making of McDonald's" by the very man behind it, Ray Kroc...IT'S SUCH AN AWESOME BOOK!! Totally inspirational and motivational...His entrepreneurial spirit, his love for others, his belief in his employees to bring out the best in them, his never-say-die attitude..so much so much I can say...Ray Kroc is such a BIG man on the inside...I like something he said (actually I like many things he said..haha..), "there were not any negatives that don't add up to a plus"...how true! He was a dreamer who will make his dreams come true...and not only his, but his friends', his employees', his coworkers',......I can go on and on about him but I think I shld start using my energy on my work than to continue blogging...ha...

Before I go, I must share about this great dance instructor!! His dance group, though only Secondary sch students, went for an open category dance competition and did outstanding-ly well!! But what impacted me is more than this...He was telling me about what he shared with them during their last prac before the competition, about letting go of their disappointments in life, in people, etc...actually I don't quite remember the details but I'm just really touched at how being a dance instructor, he wasn't just concerned about the dance, but about changing their lives..and he gave them a challenge to score above 70% for their end-yr exams...well, as I hear about how they shone on stage during the competition, though being the youngest competitors.. I can literally imagine how their lives have been touched and changed because someone believed in them & they achieved beyond their dreams...

Isn't this what life is all about? Using our lives to touch others' lives...to be the salt and light to the people of the world...to bring out the best in others, simply by believing in them...didn't we become who we are because someone believed in us? It's time I do something more..=)

0 comments: