January 15, 2008

2008 - Focus & Work Hard! - 加油!がんばって!All the way!

"A good beginning makes a good end."
"Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow." - Horace

Have been working, working, working, working, working hard since I came back from KL. Thank God for the good break that energized me for the start of the year. And especially after I read the book on "Procrastination"..I am really trying to prioritise my time and do first things first! I thought it has a very good illustration on "Procrastination" which hit the bull's eye on how I behaved.

The author talks about how he used to procrastinate and leave important things to be done at the very last minute while he keeps himself really busy doing the unimportant but "right things" like tidying up his table, compiling his bills, etc. He likened this to someone getting really busy doing things all around the room while the most important thing is actually left undone right in the middle of the room.

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." - 1 Peter 4:15

To procrastinate is like being a busybody. Getting real busy doing things but not the things dedicated to fulfill your purpose, hence not producing the fruit that God requires.

Can you imagine? The bible places a "busybody" (a.k.a "procrastinator") at the same level as "murderer", "thief" and "evildoer"! Now you know why I have been working harder this year...

0 comments: